The goals of the Mass Communication major are to:
- Aid and assist students to fully comprehend the nature and scope of mass media and its impact on a changing society;
- Prepare graduates who are independent professional communicators capable of growing and changing to meet the demands of a global society.
- Serve the College and community by providing knowledge and expertise in the area.
The major in Mass Communication requires:
- 50 hours of General Education courses
- 27 hours of core requirements
- 45 hours of required related courses in Mass Communication.
At least 122 hours are needed to graduate.