The general goals of the Computer Science major are:
- To prepare the graduate with the appropriate knowledge, skills and background to pursue graduate studies in Computer Science or related areas; and
- To prepare the graduate with the appropriate knowledge, skills, and background to pursue a meaningful career in business, industry, or government.
Computer Science requires:
- Math 231 and Math 232 (A total of 6 semester hours, as part of 44 additional semester hours from General Education courses)
- A minimum of 42 semester hours of course work in the major (Computer Science)
- 21 semester hours in mathematics
- 8 semester hours in physics
- 6 semester hours of electives.
A minimum of 121 hours are needed to graduate.