The goals of the Sports Management major are to:
- To provide students with the ability to manage sports programs and facilities and understand how to promote and market sports programs;
- To provide students with both the academic foundation necessary to successfully continue on to a graduate degree in Sport Management; or
- To take an entry-level position in the sport industry.
The total program will consist of 125 credit hours distributed over eight (8) academic semesters.
A major in Sports Management requires:
- 50 hours from General Studies courses
- 39 credit hours of Sports Management courses
- 16 hours from Business Administration
- 12 credit hours of internship
(The internship provides a practical, interdisciplinary experience in a real world setting.
A minimum of 125 semester hours are needed to graduate with a Sports Management Major.