- Official copies of supporting academic credentials – a transcript and/or official SAT or ACT score report
- Applicants educated under the British system must submit proof of at least five passes at the ‘O’ level, General Certificate of Education (GCE) or equivalent regional exams (W.A.E.C., E.S.L.C., E.A.E.C. etc.). These passes must be with grades of A, B, or C.
- Applicants from the Caribbean must submit proof of completing the C.X.C. exam with grades of 1, 2, or 3. Please note that only classical academic subjects (math, English language and literature, chemistry, biology, history, geography, physics, Spanish, French, etc.) will be accepted.
- Voorhees College is prepared to give college credit to those who have earned advanced level passes in certain subjects with grades of A, B or C.
- International applicants from countries where English is not the primary of language must score a minimum of 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language. For information on the examination, write to: TOEFL Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 6155, Princeton, NJ 08541-6155, USA, or go to TOEFL’s Web site http://www.ets.org/toefl/. You may also inquire at the nearest U.S. Consulate.
- Voorhees admissions application.
- A completed affidavit of support form.
Send the completed documents to:
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 678
Denmark, SC 29042
Priority deadlines are April 1 for the fall semester and Sept. 15 for the spring. Although an applicant may meet the admissions requirements, admission and processing of forms required to obtain a student visa cannot be guaranteed if these dates are not met.
Notification of Admission
The Office of Admissions will let applicants know whether they've been admitted within two weeks after all required credentials have been received. A letter of acceptance will be sent to the applicants who are accepted for admission or re-admission, along with the financial aid forms and a housing application if one is desired. Voorhees College admits qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, creed, handicap or ethnic origin.
Getting a Student Visa
The Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) student status (Form I-20) will accompany the acceptance letter. This form provides details of the student’s admission to Voorhees College, an estimated budget of expenses, the sources of funding and the type of program for which the student has been accepted. Form I-20 must be presented to a United States Embassy or Consulate to apply for the F-1 (student) visa. Any International Student applying for admission to the Spring 2016-2017 Semester will need to pay a $50.00 processing fee before we generate an I-20.