You've served your country, and now Voorhees College is ready to help you prepare for the next phase of your life. We're approved to provide training for veterans and other eligible people under a number of programs. We also have a veteran’s administration coordinator on staff to help you navigate the steps for receiving benefits under Department of Veterans Affairs' policies and to help you decide which package will work best for you.
- The Montgomery GI Bill which provides up to 36 months of benefits.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill, which helps military personnel with more than 90 days of aggregate service after Sept. 11, 2001. Spouses and children can use these benefits as well under certain circumstances.
- The Reserve Educational Assistance Program, which allows Guard and Reserve members called to active duty during a time of war or national emergency an option of paying into a “buy up” program that increases their benefits.
- The Veterans Educational Assistance Program, which applies to those who entered active-duty service between Jan. 1, 1977 and June 30, 1985.
- A completed Veterans Affairs application for benefits. You can call (888) 442-4551 to have an application mailed to you or fill it out online.
- A certificate of eligibility and an affidavit from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Voorhees admissions application.
- High school transcript with notice of rank in class or a GED certificate.
- Recommendation letter from a high school counselor, teacher or principal.
- Medical form.
- $25 application fee payable by cashier’s check, money order or credit card.
- Scores from the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT). Voorhees' codes are 5863 for the SAT and 3882 for the ACT. You'll need to include those numbers on your test forms so the scores are submitted to Voorhees.
Send the completed documents to:
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 678
Denmark, SC 29042
Voorhees College has a rolling admissions schedule; therefore, there is no application deadline for fall and spring semesters. The college accepts qualified applicants year round.
Notification of Admission
The Office of Admissions will let applicants know whether they've been admitted within two weeks after all required credentials have been received. A letter of acceptance will be sent to the applicants who are accepted for admission or re-admission, along with the financial aid forms and a housing application if one is desired. Voorhees College admits qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, creed, handicap or ethnic origin.