Support Information


Required Forms

Form 22-1990 (Application for Education Benefits)

  • New applicant of all chapters, except CH 35 
  • Document needed for CH 30 and 32-DD-214 
  • Document needed for CH 1606- Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)-DD2384 
  • Document needed for CH 1606-Kicker papers, if eligible (MGIB Fund) 

Form 22-5490 (Application for Survivors' and Dependents' Education Assistance)

New CH 35 applicants only

Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training)

Students under CH 35 who are transferring VA benefits to Voorhees College as well as for current Voorhees College student veterans who want to change their major.

Education Benefit Payment Rate

For payment information, please click here.

Responsiblities of Veteran Students

Veteran students at Voorhees College have ongoing responsibilities to the Department of Veteran Affairs. The Department of Veteran Affairs and the Registrar's Office closely monitor each veteran student's enrollment status and academic program, primarily since the student's entitlement is based upon the number of credit hours for which a student is enrolled and any changes in academic program.


VA certification is validated by the semester. You are required to submit Certification documentation to the Veterans Coordinator to ensure that you are certified. 
You must maintain satisfactory progress to retain benefits.
You are prohibited from receiving educational benefits for auditing a course.
You will not receive benefits for repeated courses, unless they are graduation requirements.
You must be formally admitted as a degree-seeking student after completing two quarters.
Register only for courses that are required for completion of your selected degree.
Do not register in courses for which you have previously received a passing grade/credit (even if taken at another institution). 
(Chapters 30, 1606, & 1607 only). Call the US Department of Veteran Affairs at 877-823-2378 monthly to process enrollment verification for payment. 

Training Time

12 or more=Full Time

11 or less=Part Time

Assistance Programs for Veterans and Dependents

Tutorial Assistance Programs

Tutorial assistance is available if you are receiving VA education assistance at the half-time or more rate and have a deficiency in a subject making tutoring necessary. If you have questions on this program please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at their toll-free number 1-888-442-4551 or the Voorhees College Business Office at (803) 780-1142.

Work Study Programs 

This program is available to any student receiving VA education benefits who is attending school 3/4 quater time or more. An individual working under this program may work at the school veteran's office, VA Regional Office, VA Medical Facilities, or at approved State employment offices. Work-study students are paid at either the state or Federal mininum wage, which ever is greater. If you have any questions concerning this program contact the Department of Veteran Affairs at 1-888-442-4551 or the Office of Records and Registration at 803-780-1253/1252/1251/1259.