10 under 40 Young Alumni Recognition Program
About the Program
The Voorhees College 10 under 40 Young Alumni Recognition Program recognizes young alumni that are leading the way in business, leadership, community, education, politics, humanities, and/or philanthropic endeavors. The ten will be chosen by a selection committee based on their professional expertise and achievements, as well as dedication to charitable and community initiatives.
The Voorhees College 10 under 40 Young Alumni Recognition Program is sponsored by the Voorhees College National Alumni Association. The first class of honorees will be recognized during the June 2017 National Alumni Association Convention in Columbia, South Carolina. Nominations will open in December 2016 and will close on January 15, 2017. Nominations must be submitted by someone other than the nominee. Please consider asking fellow alumni, employers or community leaders to nominate deserving alumni who are not members of the nominee’s immediate family. In addition, it is encouraged by each local chapter to nominate someone within their chapter.
Requirements of Honorees:
- • Must be a Voorhees College graduate
- • Must be under 40 by December 31, 2016
- • Must be willing to submit a professional headshot, if selected, to be published by the Voorhees College Office of Communications and the National Alumni Association.
Criteria for Honorees:
- • Must aspire to uphold the four pillar principles of Voorhees College, which are an inspiration, determination, imagination, and faith.
- • Must demonstrate a commitment to maintain a lifelong relationship with Voorhees College.
- • Must have made an impact in business, leadership, community, education, politics, humanities, and/or philanthropic endeavors.
- • Must be willing to make a philanthropic gift of $2,500 May 15, 2017, to Voorhees College National Alumni Association/Voorhees College.
The selected honorees will be highlighted during the 2017 National Alumni Award Banquet in addition to Homecoming 2017. Each 10 under 40 class will be listed on a monument constructed in academic circle at Voorhees College. The unveiling of the monument will be during homecoming 2017. They will also be featured on the Voorhees College website and in other marketing materials for the institution.
December 15, 2016: Nominations Launched
January 15, 2017: Nominations Closed
January 30, 2017: Selection Completed & Nominees notified
June 2017: Nominees recognized at National Alumni Association Convention