Young Women With Purpose (YWWP) Project
The Tom Joyner Foundation (TJF) and Dark and Lovely® are continuing their program designed to provide scholarship funding as well as specialized training for and awarding job-related opportunities and scholarships to select female students who have met the program requirements and are chosen by the TJF and Dark & Lovely® team.
- Applications will be accepted August 1-September 28, 2016.
- Winners will be named by October 21, 2016.
- From November 1-30, 2016, winners will participate in online and on site beauty clinics, mentorship with assigned SoftSheen staff, and two special assignments to be conducted in their HBCU community. Details will be provided to the winners.
- Based on participation and mentor recommendations, five (5) participants will be awarded $2,000 scholarships for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The five scholarship winners will be announced on December 10, 2016.
- These five will earn an all-expenses paid weekend learning experience in New York City, New York by January 8, 2017 and compete for a Summer 2017 internship with L’Oreal.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Open to all young ladies on the junior level at these HBCUs. Students must be enrolled full time and be in good academic standing (2.5 GPA or better) with their HBCU. To apply, students must complete the online application and provide all requested information. A biography and photo will be required if selected.
Application Deadline: Sept. 28, 2016
Need more information? Have Questions? Contact: email@example.com or call 803-780-1013